Search This Blog

Sunday 4 March 2018

An Introduction

Hi, my name is Carolyn and I’m new at blogging. It’s not really my thing to reveal too much about my family and private life, but I feel that the experiences that I’ve gone through, as a mother of a child diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD IV), would hopefully be a source of encouragement and inspiration for other parents, who have kids with special needs. 

My son will be 19 years old this year. He is now studying chemical engineering at a local polytechnic, and has a wide circle of friends and a busy social life. You may ask, “Is that even possible?”  Yes, it is… but not without a lot of sacrifices.

In my blog, I will talk about my long arduous road, the help I got, and also the sacrifices made. I hope that it would connect with you, as parents, and give you some ideas on how to help your children. I have written an article, entitled, “Overcoming Autism Spectrum Disorder- A Mother’s Journey from Diagnosis to Adulthood”, on the steps I have taken, together with research and referencing, for parents who are interested to know what I did to help my son. I hope that you will find it useful in your quest to help your child as well. I do not profess to know a “cure”, nor claim that everything works for everyone. It is just my personal journey and opinions, about what worked for me, and I hope, will also work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment